Robert J. Stevenson Scholarship
Purpose: The Robert J. Stevenson Scholarship has been established by the Leadership Foundation for Teacher Education of the Association of Teacher Educators with major contribution from the Stevenson family to assist a classroom teacher working towards an advanced degree to enhance teacher leadership skills through the study of teaching. Applicants taking coursework leading to National Board of Professional Teaching Standards certification are encouraged to apply, as are those engaged in the study of curriculum and instruction and/or supervision.
The Robert J. Stevenson Scholarship is named in honor of the late Robert Stevenson, who served as ATE's Executive Director from 1976 until 1990.
This is an unrestricted award. The award may be used for tuition, books or other education expenses. There is an expectation that the recipient will report back to the LFTE Council on how the award was used. The current award is $1,200.
Application Deadline: July 15
All applications must be postmarked on or before this date.
Completed applications should be sent to:
Dr. Cynthia S. Haggard, LFTE Chair
269 Steeplechase Dr.
Exton, PA 19341
- Must be an ATE member
- A full or part-time graduate student
- Have a gpa of at 3.0 (out of 4.0)
Required documents: Completed application including
- Two letters of recommendation, one must be from a current ATE member
- Goal statement outlining future educational and career goals
- Copies of all college transcripts, may be issued to the student but must be an official transcript from Registrar’s Office
Click here to download an application in pdf format.